Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Week in Santa Fe


While visiting my artist friend, Ann Painter, at her beautiful home in Santa Fe this week, I had the opportunity to paint the portrait of a cat belonging to a friend of hers.  This handsome male Persian is getting on in years, so I felt privileged to be asked to capture him on canvas.

The week was a lot of fun with wild weather changes - snow, rain, sun, hail, wind, thunder and lightening.  We saw it all.  Plus lots of art (both viewed and created),  good food, wine and friends.

Thinking about doing the 50/50 challenge at Sanchez Art Center again this year, although I swore never again.   As anyone who did it last year can attest, it's a lot of work and pretty much consumes your summer.  On the other hand, I learned a lot and being part of it was great fun.  Ann is signing up and encouraging me to do likewise, so I'm looking at options for what I might want to do this year.  No, not kitties.




1 comment: