Wednesday, October 20, 2010



This is my latest work "Cassandra" who is made from recycled puppet parts made several years ago by a wonderful puppet maker named Raven who now lives in London. I was lucky enough to find her (the puppet) at the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse. I changed her from a jointed puppet to a sculpture by adding stationery arms, legs, hips, etc. made from paper clay and plaster and clothing her in a cut down vintage nightgown which has been treated with fabric stiffener. I also added vintage costume jewelry, clay mules, some graying hair and paint. She's seated on a recycled doll's highchair with extended legs. She is holding a hand mirror and glances wistfully away after seeing the reflection of her aging face.






3 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool... I find it interesting that her face is so much like that of the girl in the drawing in your last post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan - thanks so much for posting the pics of your final creation. I think she's beautiful! Thanks so much for letting me know that you found my puppet and wished to use her in your art. I love that she has a new life now. :)

    ReplyDelete